Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lent--God's Voice

Lent.

I can either run away, and drown out God's voice with my own,

or I can listen,

and let Him tell me

where I have gone

                                 off the path.


I can either insist that

                                                              I am right,

or I can learn

from God's

                                                                                                                        still, small voice.

I can either distract myself

with dreams

                         of my own

                                               superiority,
or

I can stop

         in my tracks,

                                 cover my face,

         and say,

"Lord, I am not worthy,

that You

should come under my roof.

Speak but the word,

and my soul

shall

be healed.

Lent.

No comments:

Dymphna's favorite quotes


"Slavery ended in medieval Europe only because the church extended its sacraments to all slaves and then managed to impose a ban on the enslavement of Christians (and of Jews). Within the context of medieval Europe, that prohibition was effectively a rule of universal abolition. "— Rodney Stark

my poetry on the web

Karumi Garden

Karumi Garden
my haiku